Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Leg Workout ... w/cardio

Today was leg workout. What a day to have my toughest workout when I"m feeling fat, bloated, no energy, and just basically depressed about how I feel and look. Elizabeth showed no mercy!! No, I can't have a bad day. I still have to work out. haha.

Before work out, i did about 8 or 9 mins on the recumbent bike to warm up (level 10). I didn't pedal hard as I knew I had to reserve the little energy I had for legs. haha.

We headed to the basketball court and I knew I was doomed. I hate the thought of leg workout, but then i love it afterward when I'm tired and I can say "I did it". My butt really has gone from the size of Jupiter a couple years ago to the size of a small asteroid (ASS-teroid? No pun intended).

Walking Lunges w/10lb. in DB - 2 BB court lengths
Side Lunges w/10lb in DB - 2 lengths
Step ups on bench w/10lb in DB - 1 minute x 3 sets
Squats w/10lb in DB - feet together - 1 minute x 3 sets
Jump squats - 1 minute x 2 sets
1-2-3 jump turn squats - 1 minute x 1 set

The Steps ups, Squats and Jump Squats were done as one set, then repeated 3 times. After the 2nd set, I was so tired I thought I was going to throw up. Elizabeth said no I wasn't, my heart rate is just up more than it's been. She'll learn someday when I hurl all over the floor. I did ask if anyone ever had thrown up at the gym from being so tired, and she said no, I'd be the first. haha. Wouldn't that be a fun claim to fame?

Then it was time for abs. Yuck. I hate abs, but I was just grateful for the chance to lie down on the mat!! hahaha. Elizabeth had other ideas. No rest for the weary. This is my fault that I feel so energy-less. I think I need a Red Bull ! haha.

Abs:
------
Crunches -- up, half way down, then flat - 15
Side Crunches -- 15 x 3 sets - both sides
Not sure what these are called, but hands together crunch to the middle, then to the left, to the right, then to the center again. 20 x 2 sets.

Did a little stretching out (for me it was more like passed out on the floor), then I did my cardio.

Precor Elliptical, 31 minutes, 330 calories burned.

Will try to be diligent with food today and tomorrow and see how much more energetic I am on Friday. It really couldn't be worse !!!

Oh, and on MOnday I am having measurements taken again. I am truly afraid!!! I know I haven't lost anything in the past month, but Elizabeth wants to do them monthly. Wouldn't it be exciting if I was smaller in some areas? I have been working much harder than I ever had, but the food has been my saboteur. So we'll see. Even if I don't officially decrease in size, I can still fit in my size 10s so I'm not going to stress it. Plus I'm old now ... 43 ... and I know I am in better shape than most of my longtime friends. If only high school could see me now !!!!!!!!!! Wouldn't they be surprised !!!!

No comments:

If you love the above OK Go video, check out this little guy LOL