Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Sugar is the root of all evil

I know I don't do well when I eat sugar, yet I continue to eat it. Why do I torture myself??? The past few weeks I've been horrible with food. But this past weekend I was REALLY bad. With Halloween last Wednesday, I did fairly good by only giving in to 2 Reeses peanut butter cups. That in itself is a major victory for me. Normally on Halloween, I"d eat about 10 in one day !!! When I weighed myself on Friday, I had lost almost 6 pounds from the prior week (when I had a large gain from basically just being a pig!).

Then came Friday, my birthday. I was good all day and through dinner, but THEN, we went to Baskin Robbins. My daughter was not home Friday night so we decided to wait until Saturday to celebrate and since I didn't want a cake (leftovers would have been calling to me) i said ok i'll have ice cream and this will be my birthday dessert.

Saturday started out bad. Ate breakfast, then had chocolate, then picked at junk all through the day, then more chocolate, then went to birthday dinner at Johnny Carinos italian restaurant, where I had bread w/olive oil and garlic, shared in some Italian Nachos, had salad with creamy gorgonzola dressing, and THEN, my favorite Penne Gorgonzola. That's basically fettucini alfredo and chicken ... but with Gorgonzola in the sauce ... and of course penne instead of fettucini. I estimate dinner was about an entire day's allowance (if not more!). Seriously. I did only eat half of my dinner because it arrived lukewarm, so I had the other half on Sunday for lunch ... followed by more candy and more crap. By Monday, I was back up to where I was the week before on the scale. I think I ate about 20 snack size candy bars over the course of the weekend.

I tried to be good yesterday and MOnday, but I get to the evening, and the candy starts calling my name. I just can't have this stuff in the house. Once I eat the candy, I get the munchies and I start digging into leftovers from dinner, chips, anything I can get my hands on.

This morning I am only down 1/2 pound since MOnday.

So .... sugar is my enemy and I'm going to do my best to keep it out of my system. I also need to drink more water. I will drink a 16 oz. bottle in the morning and then not have any more water until the evening. I know part of my weight gain is water retention and if I'd just drink my water and lay off the candy I could drop 6 pounds easy in a week. I am not giving my body any water, so it's holding on to whatever it can get. I'm working on my 2nd 16 oz. right now and am close to finishing so that's 32 oz. before 12:30. Pretty good (for me!!).

Today was leg workout. That will be the next post .....


No comments:

If you love the above OK Go video, check out this little guy LOL