Friday, September 28, 2007

New Trainer

OMG, my new trainer Elizabeth is going to kill me!! haha. Today was my first workout with her and it was tough (but good). We did chest/tricep/bicep and some abs. The abs were hard because my muscles are still sore from Wednesday when I did some sit ups on the decline bench.

This is what I did today:

Bench crunches 3 sets of 15
Cybex chest press 20# - 3 sets of 15
Cable chest press 20# - 3 sets of 15
Cable curls/bicep 15# - 3 sets of 15
Pushups (boy style) - 3 sets of 10
Cable Flys 20# - 3 sets of 15
Tricep Dips 60#/15 --- 75#/12 --- 75#/15
Crunches on ball 2 sets of 15
Dumbell twist on ball 8#/20
*Butt Pikes on ball 15 + 3 (had lower back pain)
*Lower body lifts on ball 2 sets of 15

* These were 2 new things I had never tried before (or seen). One of them that I am calling "Butt Pikes" (only because I think it's easier to remember than "Pike Ups on the Stability Ball". Here is a video clip I found online that shows it. I don't think I looked quite as graceful as this guy did LOL, but I did my best. And hey, I did it !!!!! They hurt like a mo-fo, too. hahaha. It kind of hurt my lower back so my 2nd set I only got 3 in before I rolled myself off the ball and stopped. I will work slowly so I don't injure myself.

The Lower Body Lifts were similar in the starting position, only instead of pulling the ball towards you as you pike up, you just lift your legs up in the air, keeping your body on the ball and your hands on the floor in front of you. It reminded me of doing crunches for my back. These were a lot easier than the Butt Pikes!

I am hoping a change in routine will be what I need to jump start my weight loss again. I have been stuck in the same 8 pound range for what seems like forever (can you say almost a year??), losing and gaining those same 8 pounds over and over and over. At least when I completely mess up and gain, i don't go past a certain point. but, when I do good, and I get down to my low range, i can't get past it. I need to do something.

Now my neck hurts LOL. I think I need a Motrin.

No comments:

If you love the above OK Go video, check out this little guy LOL