Monday, March 3, 2008

Long time no see

Wow, it's been a long time since i've posted here. November! Can't believe it. Well, since my last posting, i've had a lot of ups and downs with my weight.

I had a mini emotional breakdown over my weight in November when I gained 6 pounds in 2 days (obviously water weight, but when someone is struggling with weight, there is no reasoning with them). After Thanksgiving came the holidays and we all know how hard that is. I gained more weight, which made me depressed, and when I'm depressed I eat for comfort. I was feeling so fat and heavy that I didn't want to workout, and when I was at the gym I was not putting a whole lot into it.

On January 2 I pushed re-start. I lost a couple pounds of holiday weight only to gain them right back plus 1 more. Urgghh. So frustrating. I pushed re-start #2 on January 16 and did very well (lost 6 pounds in 6 days) UNTIL my body burst into hives on January 23. Check out this lovely view of my stomach. These hives were some of the worst, but I had them everywhere (except my head).

Although the hives improved after a week, the fact was that I had hives for TEN DAYS !!! The antihistamines and Prednisone I was taking made me horribly hungry. During the worst days of hives, I would sit and eat, hungry from the meds and feeling sorry for myself. It was a completely miserable experience and I hope they NEVER come back!

Moving along to February I was downright lazy, I ate horribly, and I had no motivation. The more I gained, the more I just wanted to stay home and do nothing. Having another mini emotional breakdown at the gym (I hate crying there!) on February 18, I gathered myself together and on Friday, February 22, I pushed re-start AGAIN. Since then I've had 10 days of being focused and I'm down 7.6 pounds.

At the gym, we've lowered the amount of weight I"m lifting and increasing the reps. I really like that so much more. I felt like I was lifting too much, which was causing me pain in my deltoid (previous injury) and when I wasn't able to complete a set I would get discouraged. Discouraged = depressed = overeating. I feel sooooo much better since we've lowered my weights. I have more energy to do my cardio afterward and that is helping too. My pants are already feeling better.

I have 10 more pounds to lose to get back to where I was at the end of September and I know I will get there. That is my first goal. My 2nd goal is to lose 6 more pounds to be at my all-time low that I hit in June of last year (50 pound loss).

I WILL GET THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've discovered the BEST sugar-free, low carb, high protein bars. Visit: www.carbritediet.com. You can do a search for a store near you that sells them, or you can order online through various website (just google it and check out the best deals). The Toasted Coconut bar tastes like a Mounds Bar. ! YUM. The Cookie Dough bar packs a whopping 20g. of protein. Most protein bars contain a lot less, taste like cardboard, and are high in fat. Then there's the ones you lower the fat on, but they have like 2 g. of protein, and are full of sugar. The cookie dough variety has: 195 cals, 5g. fat, 24g. carb, and 20 protein. Although there are 24 g. carbs, there is only 1g. NET IMPACT CARBS, which are carbs that cause a noted impact on blood sugar.

No comments:

If you love the above OK Go video, check out this little guy LOL