Monday, March 24, 2008

Survived the weekend

Hope everyone had a nice Easter. Ours was quiet and relaxing. Just the four of us. I stayed in my pajamas until 2pm LOL. Our cockatiel Luckybird laid an egg yesterday, too. How appropriate! I wanted to take it out and dye it pink but I don't think she would have been too happy. Here's a picture of her with her little egg. Isn't it cute? She will lay more during the next week (usually one egg every other day until she has about 5 or 6), sit on them for a couple weeks, then realize they won't hatch and she'll abandon them. At that time, I'll take them out and throw them away. How sad. She puts so much effort into keeping her "babies" warm.

















Weekends are usually the time when I will go off track with food. This weekend I did surprisingly well and I'm so excited. Even with Easter yesterday and chocolate in the kids' Easter baskets, I didn't cave into pressure. I haven't had even ONE piece of Easter chocolate this year. Whoo hoo. I think this is the first time in my entire life that I haven't had Easter candy.

For dinner yesterday we BBQ'd some really nice pork spareribs. We also had some homemade potato salad and a huge tray of veggies roasted in the oven (Asparagus, red bell peppers, purple onion, and zucchini, drizzled with a little olive oil and S&P). Yum. Last night we did have a chocolate turtle pie for dessert (Claim Jumper brand - frozen section) and I had a very small piece. Just one. I probably won't have anymore.

Tomorrow we're headed to Disneyland so I know I"ll be getting a lot of walking in. That's always a good thing. It will probably be packed with people, so lines to buy food will be super long and that will be a deterrent to not stop and buy snacks all day. I think i'll pack along a couple protein bars and some beef jerkey since we'll be there from 8am opening until late. They close at midnight, but I seriously doubt we will last for 16 hours!!!

No comments:

If you love the above OK Go video, check out this little guy LOL