Wednesday, April 9, 2008

New Workout Schedule

I desperately need to increase my cardio. I used to do cardio 5-6 times a week when I was at my lowest weight. For the past 5 months or so, I've decreased to 3 times a week mainly because I was getting bored and burned out.

Last week I started changing my workout schedule. I still work with my trainer 3 times a week, but I'm adding classes and lap swim now to my cardio. Here's what I hope to do every week:

Monday: Pilates class (or lap swim)
Tuesday: 1 hour w/trainer, then Kickboxing class
Wednesday: 30 mins w/trainer, then lap swim
Thursday: REST DAY
Friday: 1 hour w/trainer, then Club Boxing class
Saturday: Advanced Step ... or something at home.
Sunday: REST DAY

My Saturdays will depend on how my heels are feeling at the moment. I started suffering from plantar fasciitis 9 years ago when I first discovered step aerobics. I overdid it and my feet really paid the price. It took a couple years for them to feel better (I quit step completely) then I went several years without any pain at all. REcently my right heel has been really bothering me. It came back when I was starting to do more running on the treadmill, then running at my son's school for a FAmily Fun Run day. Guess I'm not meant to be a runner LOL. That's o.k., I don't really like it!

Today was my first day back in the pool. I did 40 lengths in just under 30 minutes. It felt good. I was also worried about my arms hurting (deltoid) because last time I tried to swim, each time I did a stroke my arm hurt and I only did maybe 10 lengths before giving up.

Friday was my first day back at Club Boxing. It's a great class. It combines boxing with circuit training and it's an AWESOME workout! We run, punch bags, do walking lunges, side step squats, pushups, crunches and more. I look forward to Friday's class.

Oh, and my weight has stayed the same for the past 3 weeks, which really irritates me, but it's better than gaining. I do yoyo up depending on what I've eaten, but any gain (fluid) always comes off with a good day of water intake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

If you love the above OK Go video, check out this little guy LOL