Sunday, January 18, 2009

Update to Training Contract

I got a call back yesterday afternoon from the guy I spoke to at the gym and we went back and forth about me getting out of my contract early. He says to cancel the contract I would have to pay half of my remaining months (4) and I would have the sessions from those months left to use (only 8). Well, I have 4 more months left in my contract (at $200/month) so I would have to pay half of those ($400). I already have a bunch of sessions banked up (52) that they gave me to bribe me to sign for a new year contract but I said just keep those sessions and let me out of my contract. I'm not looking to get free sessions, I just want out and I don't want to pay another cent to LA Fitness. He didn’t know how to answer me so he said he’d talk to Manager X and one of them would call back. Well this was around 1:00 yesterday and I never did get a call back.

In the meantime, I emailed my Friday trainer that didn’t show and told her I was cancelling my contract.

A wave of freedom suddenly came over me. After 3-1/2 years of training with someone, I know enough to train someone else and I can certainly train MYSELF!

I will be really proud WHEN I do it on my own and finally lose my weight that has haunted me most of my life.

Oh, oh, and right smack in the middle of all this I killed my cell phone yesterday when it fell out of my pocket as I was getting out out of my car, and it got caught when I closed my car door. Here's a pic of the devastation. Just what I need right now. I don't have a phone upgrade available right now so if I get out of my stupid contract at least I can buy a phone! LOL (or use the ugly one I have from 4 years ago that's old and scratched all over).


No comments:

If you love the above OK Go video, check out this little guy LOL