Friday, October 5, 2007

Good workout ... and a loss for the week !!

Yaaaayyyy, I weighed in today and am actually down a couple pounds (2.8 to be exact) since I posted the weight loss ticker at the top of my blog. 11.2 more to go to get to my Christmas goal. I should mention that I really lost closer to 5 pounds this week, having gained SINCE I posted that ticker, but didn't want to add to it so I kept my mouth zipped closed LOL and pretended I was still at my starting weight. hahaha. Thank God that when weight is gained fast like that, it usually comes off fairly fast. It's getting PAST that which makes me very frustrated.

Today was shoulder/ab day at the gym. I've now done a complete rotation with Elizabeth (my trainer). Here is what I did.

Shoulders:
------------
Cable rear delt 10#/15 x 3 sets
Dumbell lateral raise 5#/15 x 3 sets
Dumbell front raise 5#/15 x 3 sets
Dumbell overhead raise 7.5#/15 x 3 sets

Abs:
------
Bench crunches 3 sets of 15
Crunches on ball 15, then 2 sets of 20
Bicycles on matt 3 sets of 40 (or 20 if you count L/R together)
Medicine ball twist 7#/20 x 3 sets
Lean back holds 15 (each one, count for 10)
Supermans 3 (hold for 30-60 seconds)
Reverse Crunches 2 sets of 15

Cardio
--------
Stairclimber 20 minutes, level 6
Treadmill walk 1.0 mile

Elizabeth is so encouraging and even though she isn't the one that trained with me for the past 2 years, she seems genuinely proud of my accomplishments. I have my progress pictures posted in my workout log book, and she was looking at them, then someone saw and asked if they could see, and before I knew it I had 3 people looking atmy pics. One man said "no way, that was not you before". haha. It makes me feel good and renews some motivation to work harder to finally reach my goals. I do still see myself as fat, though. I don'tlike to look in the mirror at my whole body very often because I still see the fat girl in the reflection, and all the imperfections that I have. I guess that comes from being overweight for so many years and that feeling of insecurity that comes with it. Even when I lost weight on diets before, I was never in good shape (NEVER exercised). Now, I can honestly say I am in great physical shape for a 42-year old (43 in 3 more weeks, ugh!).

Monday brings Chest/Bicep/Tricep/Abs. I think tomorrow (Saturday) I'll try to go to Advanced Step. I haven't been in a LONG time. The teacher is my favorite step instructor. Her step moves are very dancy, and hard choreography which I love.

1 comment:

brutus said...

HI YA SIM !!
I have been very proud of you ever since we met.YOU will meet and exceed your goals by Christmas.
yuor buddy
me

If you love the above OK Go video, check out this little guy LOL