Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Legs, legs, and more legs !!

Today was my first leg day with Elizabeth (my new trainer). I was a little nervous. Actually, nervous isn't really the word I am looking for. Maybe petrified is more like it! LOL. No, really, I was a bit anxious because leg day in the past was always the day that I felt the pain afterward and Elizabeth has proven that she is one heck of a good trainer and she encourages (forces?!?) me to do more than I have in the past. I want this, though, beause I told her I want to step it up and FINALLY lose the last of my weight. I can do it. I am woman, hear me roar !!

So .... after a quick warmup on the bike we head over to start. We walked over to a bench and i'm thinking hmmmm, i've never done any leg workout on the bench. I quickly learned what she had up her sleeve.

* Step-ups: "Oh it's easy, simply step up and down on the bench". hahaah. Yeah, maybe if I added a few inches to my legs. As a shortie at 5'2" (actually 5'1-1/2", but by saying 5'2" I can weigh a little bit more according to the charts!) I had to really step up to get on that bench. It was hard but I liked it. I got to squeeze in a little cardio while I was at it, too. I need the cardio to slim down these thighs of mine. Anyhow, I did them for 1 minute (no weights in hands for this set)

Next I did:

* Plie (wide) squats 20#/15 reps.

* Bosu Squat, holding a 7.5# dumbell out in front of me for balance.

* Drop Lunges. I've always done walking lunges (except when I first started, when I did them holding on to the wall and 5-10 of them just about killed me haha ... wow, I've come a long way. Anyhow, I did 20 on each side, holding 15 lbs.

After those 4 things, I repeated each one again. The only difference was in the step-ups, I held on to 15 lbs (2 x 7.5lb DB).

* Next came Butt Blaster. I did 3 sets of 10 on each leg. It was on pin #4, assuming that's 40#.

* Cybex Leg Press: First did 140#/15 reps. Then we added 20 more pounds since I am woman (hear me roar) and I did 2 sets of 15 at 160#.

* Standing Calf Raises. 3 sets of 15, 30#.

Next came abs ............

* Bicycles on floor: 25
* Elbow to knee (right and left sides each): 15
* Glutes on ball: 15 on each side (variation from the video clip, my stationary foot was on the stability ball)
* Bridge Roll Outs: 15
* Stability Ball Pass 1/2: 15 (only did the legs; did not pass to the hands as the clip shows)
* Medicine Ball reach up to toe: 15 on each side
* Crunches reaching up: 15
* Supermans: 2 times. Held each side 30 seconds. Did not alternate as clip shows.


Cardio:
----------
Elliptical (Precor): 15 minutes, level 12
Treadmill: run/walk 1.5 miles

My next workout is Friday and it's shoulders/ab day ... that is ... if I can move after today! hahaha.

No comments:

If you love the above OK Go video, check out this little guy LOL