Thursday, July 10, 2008

I hate the scale

OK, so yesterday I was below my designated 1500 calories, yet I still gained a pound??? What gives??? This is why i hate the scale. It's enough to drive me mad. I need to listen to those that tell me NOT TO WEIGH EVERYDAY!!! But, when I don't weigh everyday, I lose track of what I"m doing and I get into more trouble. I really didn't drink much (32 oz. at the gym, and a glass of iced tea at dinner) so it's possible I am just retaining water since I was dehydrated.

Anyhow, today I've not eaten much. In fact, I am below even 1000 calories. I didn't even eat my cheerios until the afternoon because I woke up to find my kitchen island covered in ants and some other disgusting things I found that I won't even discuss here (eeww). So, this morning I spent quite a bit of time cleaning my kitchen (and searching for ant stragglers). We have a monthly service, but the last couple weeks I've been finding small groups of ants in the kitchen . They are really the first ants we've had in probably the 6 or so years since we began service.

Anyhow, this afternoon I had honey nut cheerios w/non-fat milk. Tonight I had 2 pieces of Dominos pizza (medium pizza, 1 slice = 160 calories). A little while ago I had another bowl of cheerios cuz I was starving. So all in all I am only at 720 calories. That is WAYYYY under my 1500. If I don't lose anything by tomorrow I"m going to rip my hair out and throw the scale out the window LOL.

No gym today, but I have my regular training session tomorrow morning at 9:00. I think it's back/bicep day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have to eat ALL your calories EVERYDAY in order for your body to stay out of starvation mode and hold on to every calorie you eat. Sounds crazy, but it's true.

I would also recommend staying away from those Cheerios and ANYTHING that contains high fructose corn syrup. It's the hidden ingredient making Americans obese.

Hope this helps and CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss and HEALTHY lifestyle change!!!

Jackie Warner, Personal Trainer

If you love the above OK Go video, check out this little guy LOL